Pages

Monday 15 November 2010

Your Song

Something that really cheered me up this afternoon was this...




This song is already getting a lot of hype around it due to it being the music for the John Lewis Christmas 2010 advert. I am a sucker for advert music and John Lewis already intoxicated me this year with their use of Fyfe Dangerfield's cover of 'She's Always A Woman'. It was stuck in my head for months. So when the Christmas advert came on the TV the other day I was immediately intrigued. 'Your Song' is already a favourite of mine, seeing as I am an avid fan of Moulin Rouge! and therefore know the Ewan McGregor version off by heart [NB I don't think Ewan was as bad as people made out. He sounded pretty darn good in my opinion.] In addition to this, I am also a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Ellie Goulding fan. I think her voice is just beautiful and I've listened to Lights about a gazillion times since it was released. So imagine my delight when these two were merged to create the soundtrack to what really is a beautiful advert. I love its simplicity and the message it portrays of showing people you care about them - it really got me in the Christmas mood! So, thank you, John Lewis, for this truly stunning piece of film.

♥ Keep Smilin' =D 

No comments:

Post a Comment